This Degree is started by the ministry of health in 1975 on behalf of the Government of India to provide a higher degree in the field of medicine. It is 3-year postgraduate or we say postdoctoral course.DNB is equivalent to the MD/MS course.DNB degree is awarded by the autonomous body NBE(national board of examination) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Those who completed the MD degree in their respective field can also apply for DNB certification along with trainees of DNB. This course has two categories 1: broad specialities for DNB 2: super specialities for DNB.
DNB FULL FORM :
The Full Form of DNB is Diplomate of National Board.It is specialist course in the medical field.
It is the Qualification Exam to take the admission in DNB course. Full form of DNB-CET is
Diplomate National Board Common Entrance Test. The candidate should have MBBS degree from recognised College issued by MCI(Medical Council Of India) with minimum 50% marks. And must have completed their 1-year rotating internship. This exam is based on merit Base. The candidate has to fill up the Online Counselling Form to appear in Counselling. Candidates have to submit permanent MCI degree and their Internship Certificate at the time of admission. A student can apply it offline or online on their convenience mode.
List of Top colleges offering DNB Degree:
- The University of Delhi – DU
- KEM Hospital
- KJ Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre
- Rajarshee Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Government Medical College and CPR Hospital
- National Heart Institute and Research Centre (NHI)
- Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre
- Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Science – IHBAS
- ICARE Eye Hospital and Post Graduate Institute
- Ganga Medical Centre and Hospital
- Institute of Mental Health
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre
What is the DNB Course Fees ?
Average course fees for DNB is between 3500 INR to 3 lacs INR.It is basically depend on the college.Government college having low fees in compare to private college.It also depend on the field of choice.
List of Super specialties for DNB:
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Genito Urinary Surgery,
- Paediatric Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery,
- Plastic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology,
- Surgical Oncology,
- Thoracic surgery.
- Clinical Pharmacology,
- Critical Care Medicine,
- Medical Genetics,
- Medical Oncology,
- Cardiac Anaesthesia,
List of broad specialties for DNB:
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
- Orthopaedic Surgery,
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
- Radio Diagnosis,
- Radio Therapy,
- Respiratory Diseases,
- Rural Surgery,
- Social and Preventive Medicine Anaesthesiology,
- Emergency medicine
- Family Medicine,
- Field Epidemiology
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Health Administration (including Hospital Administration)
- Immunohematology & Transfusion Medicine
- Maternal and Child Health
At last, I can conclude with the words that the full form of DNB or DNB full form is Diplomate of
Thanks for reading: This article is all about the full form of DNB and other related information.connect for more information.